Dependents of LE Officers Scholarship Program
LE Matters developed the Dependents of LE Officers Scholarship Program to provide scholarships to the dependents of law enforcement officers in order to help them obtain a formal education. LE Matters will issue scholarships to dependents four (4) times annually. Scholarships may be awarded for a college quarter, semester or year depending on needs. Scholarships issued for college years will require that the recipient maintain a satisfactory grade point average.
Scholarships will provide funds to ensure that:
- Tuition is paid 100%
- All College fees are paid 100%
- The cost of local housing accommodations is paid up to $500 per month.
- The recipient has $1000 per month for living expenses
The actual amount of the award will be dependent upon the needs in each of the above listed areas. For example:
1. In California, the tuition for a State University is waived for certain disabled veterans. Therefore, in that case no funds would be awarded for tuition but funds would be awarded for the other categories.
2. If a veteran is receiving $700 per month in disability pay then the scholarship award would be for an additional $300 per month for living expenses.
Scholarship awards will be competitive based on available funding.